Old 02-25-2018, 10:57 AM   #6
Nunyerbiz
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Gut Foxx(MUT Players/League) Interview Clint Oldenburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Clint didn't say this, but I feel like Competitive and MUT play really, really have a negative affect on designing and tuning for realistic football.
I don't think the issue is the COMP takes away from SIM, it's that the core game as it has stood for the last decade simply isn't capable of delivering what SIM guys want. The game of football is momentum, weight and leverage... more so then speed or arm strength or anything else. The game isn't capable of representing this. It's a series of dozens of dice rolls per snap to rock-paper-scissors it's way to choosing animations that determine the outcome. The game will never be sim until they ditch the animation centered model and move to a physics centered model.

That said, I do believe that the COMP and SIM styles play noticeably different. After spending months in offline CFM, playing in COMP under MUT is a very different vibe.... it's opened up whizbang big play football... and I don't have a problem with that. Once a video game becomes a competitive 'e-sport' , then by practical definition it becomes it's own animal. Nobody gets deep into MUT wanting to be a good football player / strategist, they want to be a good Madden player / strategist... and there is nothing wrong with that.