View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 06:58 PM   #99
bucky60
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Rex's Reflections on Madden 18 and the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
Well again, there is no such thing as "real" or "realistic" progression. At the very best, what you are asking for is a return to how it used to be done in Madden... and that's perfectly fine... but "realistic" isn't the word for it. A player has become 2% better at running a route... a player can now recognize run v pass 1% more efficiently... that's all made up nonsense. Either it's my nonsense or I trust the AI team at Tiburon to provide the nonsense. Seeing that for the last 20 years, AI coaches manage the clock like chimps with closed head injuries... yea, I'll take my nonsense. But I can understand the appeal of things being random / out of direct control.... and if they could pull it off... I wouldn't be automatically against it.
Not true. Madden has never had a realistic progression system. So we would not be "returning to how madden used to do it". There are real life variables to progression on an actual football team. Those variables can be abstracted and simulated in a video football game. Madden has never even tried to do this.