Old 03-01-2018, 12:33 PM   #79
edaddy
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Does madden want a realistic game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
You obviously don’t quite know what the sim crowd wants.

We want:

Less than three seconds on average to throw so as to match realistic NFL pass rush time (i.e. MORE DIFFICULTY)

Realistic edge pressure with defensive ends bending properly (more of an aesthetic thing).

Realisic push in a pocket, including cases where linemen are bulldozed backward but don’t completely lose their blocks (both aesthetic and higher higher difficulty related)

Defensive linemen to attempt to knife through double teams.

Defensive holding, and every other annoying penalty.

AI to shut down play calling tendencies (more difficulty plus realism)

No psychic defenders (yes, this would make it easier, BUT see below)

More realistic, aggressive zone coverage (in Madden AI players still just sit in a spot way too much instead of locking down on players that come into their zone-this would make it MORE difficult).

Better blocking AI (would make it easier to run in theory, BUT...)

Countered with more realistic block shedding and gap control.

More realistic QB limitations (no stupid 60 yard throws off the back foot across the field; somehow incorporate release speed and other traits that differentiate qbs)

Users throwing seven interceptions if they are too stupid to read a defense.

Runners getting 0.1 yards per carry if they are too stupid to follow their blocks or find creases on stretch plays.

I could go on. The point is the sim crowd wants a LOT more than statical matching of the NFL like you seem to suggest. They want it to LOOK and FEEL like the NFL too.

Having a defensive back jump ten yards into the air to intercept, or intercepting despite having their back turned, or linebackers running with 4.3 wrs, is UNREALISTIC. So yes, we don’t want to see that. So is ten seconds in the pocket. We don’t want to see THAT either, which makes the game harder. Nor do we want to see the ridiculous accuracy of Madden.

The sim crowd wants to PUNT.

The sim crowd wants to play on FIFTEEN MINUTE QUARTERS (but sadly this results in teams each having 80 to 100 snaps per game, which is not realistic; most of usnplay at around 12 minutes to compensate).

I’m sorry, but you don’t have the first clue about what the sim crowd wants.

This an excellent post my man..