View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 09:49 PM   #34
tommycoa
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 18 Patch 1.12 Available, Fixes Trade Meter Issue in Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
U know, it really just looks like a logic issue. Or, mostly a logic issue, I should say. From what I’ve seen/noticed, I feel like the cpu always chooses ‘sky punt’ when near the 50 or specifically on my side of the field. Kicking a sky punt into the wind then affects it even more causing the ridiculously short punts. So, in essence, they need to just not sky punt into high winds.

However, the overall punting logic has been broken for years b4 they even added sky punt. So, while the sky punt is a part of the issue, they need to address the overall AI punt choices, period. Forgetting completely about the sky punt, the cpu has been kicking out of bounds around the 29 yard line when I’m assuming they’re trying to pin me deep. So, their coffin corner logic needs a MASSIVE upgrade. Lol. Now, that may not be so much of a logic issue, of course. So, whatever they need to change there, idk, but it’s gotta be totally do-able. There has to be logic somewhere that dictates ‘where’ the punter aims during the punt, and they simply need to adjust. I’m all for making the cpu punters gold AFAIC. Lol. That would add more difficulty to the game being pinned inside your 5. But, again, what I constantly see is 29 yard action. That’s better than a downed kickoff!!!

And, speaking programmatically, here, this should not be that difficult. Regardless of how difficult code can be, there has to be some level of abstraction that simply says, ‘aim 20 degrees left when on the left hash at midfield’, ‘choose sky punt within 45 yard line IF NO WIND’, etc. So, yeah, these are the changes that aren’t made that kill me. This shouldn’t be a massive ‘code change’. This should be the addition of ‘control parameters’ to adjust the logic/gameplay on a specific type of play, punt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60 punt power and 40 punt accuracy doesn’t fix the flaw but it makes the great punters Great and the bad ones can struggle. Don’t see the ball hang on the sky punts for 20 yarders. The forty accuracy helps the ball drift horizontally,and keeps the yardage down. But you’ll still see 70+ yard boomers from time to time. It’s better than the sky punt thing. That can change the whole outcome and ebb and flow of a game.

More importantly, it allows for better returns. Good returners will burn you if you/cpu make a mistake.

Last edited by tommycoa; 03-01-2018 at 10:22 PM.