View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 12:31 AM   #88
khaliib
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Does madden want a realistic game?

Here’s a question I have?

In terms of the ideology of “realistic”, how do they program the game to fulfill this role against such a broad subjective perception while fulfilling the challenge aspect with the terms “Phsych and Robo” quickly being the first words to be uttered?

To me instead of using the term “Realistic” which truly is subjective depending on your experience with the sport of football, we should be talking and approaching the game build from the ideology of “Replication”.

Replication limits subjectivity and the mundane arguments that lead down a rabbit hole of nowhere and provides aspects that are tangible to build from.
- this guy should have a SPD rating of at least 96 vs he runs a 4.3

- this guy has a 93 CTH rating and shouldn’t be dropping balls vs he catches the ball with his body

etc, etc, etc....

I truly believe we’ve arrived to point we are at because EA has been trying to do the “Realistic” thing that’s so subjective and have gotten away from the concept of simply “Replicating”.

What is Realistic is so fleeting from one moment to the next, gimmicks and fantasy mechanisms are settled on to try and cover such a broad spectrum of gamer perceptions.

I can guarantee my brand of Realistic probably wouldn’t be an enjoyable experience for a lot of gamers and the same could be said with the role reversed.

We’ve experienced years of Madden built as a Realistic version, but we’ve yet to experience a Madden game built as a Replication.

I’m tired and bored of continuing to try and obtain this Realistic thing year after year, and now on another console generation.

Let’s try Replication for once and at least see what the game experience would be like!!!