Old 03-02-2018, 01:42 AM   #91
ggsimmonds
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Does madden want a realistic game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
One thing I enjoyed from Madden 06 was the vision cone. Some liked it, some didn’t, but I felt like the cone brought more “personality” to the QB vs. DB battle. I remember having to look off safeties, then toggle back to my primary like a madman. Fun stuff.

I think Madden needs realistic personality to their players. It’s one on a long list of many improvements, but I think we would see better gameplay, factor in a better physics engine and we could see the *best* gameplay possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I absolutely loved the vision cone.

Without it I could make Kyle Boller the league mvp. With it I could only take him to the pro bowl.

But the vision cone and this year's target passing reveals one unfortunate truth about the Madden gamerbase (elite competitive crowd included) -- the skill level is not that high.

It really paints the competitive crowd in a bad light. Rex stated that the goal was that the feature would provide separation in the tourney crowd, but nope. No one used it to elevate their game; it is still all about who can find the best combination of exploitative plays and repeat those over and over again (the so called shotgun bunch "offense")
Advertisements - Register to remove