Old 03-04-2018, 08:31 PM   #12
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Football coach who is losing his mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Yeah, I feel like most of those are arbitrary. Look, the Seahawks run Cover 3 Match Press about 75% of the time (and Cover 1 Hole Press the rest of the time, which is practically the same D), the 49ers even more so. "Sim" doesn't mean "Random," it means "do what NFL teams do."

Shanahan's offense is friggin' ABOUT rolling out of the pocket. The Chiefs run inside zone 25+ times a game sometimes.

Sometime during the late MaddenMania era, "sim" got redefined as "random" and it annoys me to no end. If my Cover 3 is shutting you down, I should not be required to switch to an easier defense for you to beat.

Exploits should be dealt with, of course. But on a principled, case by case basis, not by dictating people's gameplan.
Some of those rules are to prevent cheese and AI exploitation. For example the position switch limit rules aren’t all about sim. Some of it is cheese prevention.

They have an unrealistic 4th down rule, for example. But the truth is in Madden there are AI flaws that allow money plays, and so the 4th down rule is designed to help limit that.

That league makes their users right fake newspaper articles about their team. They take “NFL Sim” to another level. But they also have many “anti-cheese/anti-AI-exploitation” rules as well.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 03-04-2018 at 08:33 PM.