View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 11:26 AM   #4
Nunyerbiz
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Final Verdict Regarding Longshot

According to another thread bouncing around here, some EA Dev stated that the mode was largely a flop with the player base. I don't know if that means they double down to try and improve it... or cut their losses.

Generally speaking, I think these types of story modes are fine... *if* you have a good core game that doesn't need huge amounts of attention. See NBA2K, The Show or even FIFA for games with a much better foundation in place, where the core games are in a very good or at least solid state. That said, I think most of the time, these things are a distraction... something to do when you're bored with whatever you use as your standard play mode. I don't think they will ever be a major draw for people who were on the fence in regards to a purchase. It's a bone to throw your regular customers, not a way to get new eyes glued to the product.

I don't blame them for trying in Madden, but as others have already alluded to... every dime spent on Longshot is a dime not spent updating animations and AI... let alone adding depth to CFM.