Old 03-09-2018, 09:42 AM   #144
Aestis
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does madden want a realistic game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
It really isnt though... I mean, there's times when a right fielder has to run to back up first base on a grounder to 3rd, or a 1st baseman being the cutoff man to home on a throw from the outfield. A lot of people dont like baseball, or golf, or football on TV because there is a lot of stoppage and youre not engaged because youre not there.

If someone who was extremely bored by golf or baseball, went to the final round of the Masters or the US Open, or went to any game of a World Series, I'll bet their mind will be changed after.

Baseball is extraordinarily simple in coding terms. Even the situation you described, a 1st baseman rotating to become cutoff man for a throw home, would be one of the simplest interactions on a football field. I'm not saying simple = bad or means the game lacks depth, which is a trigger for some folks. But almost every interaction between players or between player & ball in baseball can be codified and represented with a series of logical rules. Simply not so for football yet, too many moving parts happening at once.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues