Old 03-17-2018, 12:09 AM   #516
BlackBetty15
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: EA Sports Madden 18 Dev Tweets

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I wouldn't blame it on the dev team. They've been begging to rebuild. Management wont let them.

And anyways, no, the engine isn't the problem. I mean, honestly, Madden didn't have an engine until last year. Ignite was literally just a collective name for the same tools they'd been using since '07 with some increased compatibility elements. I'm not sure I'm allowed to tell you that, but at this point, **** 'em.

There's no artificial limitations imposed on Madden because of it's "engine," whatever someone means by that. Engine just refers to any unifying collection of code that manages assets in some way. You can generally add to and remove from engines as easily as coding any other feature.

There is no reason at all they couldn't program trail technique, shade technique, stack technique and any other coverage technique you want to name and even give them all their own individual ratings. There is literally nothing in the "engine" that would prevent this. It would just be really hard, as it'd be really hard to do with any other engine. Those are complex concepts that would require tons of animation work and testing/tuning, not to mention teaching the average ignorant Madden player what they mean and when they should be employed.

So, no, I disagree on both counts.

There's no engine imposed limitations. One comparison between Madden '07 and Madden '17 proves that, those are the same engine. Hell, compare Madden '17 and Madden '18, which DOES have a new engine and there's seriously very little difference in gameplay. Engine is a way overrated concept to people who don't work in the industry.

And the team being too lazy... I'm telling you, they'd love nothing more than to break off a small team to build a couple minor features for Madden 19 and completely rebuild the game for the following year. It is ****ing HARD to work in 12 year old code. They could clean up a ton given the time and resources and make future work a lot easier.

Yeah, your description is pretty much spot on. When scouts say wrist action, they're describing basically how much spin the player is able to produce when he rotates his wrist on release. The more torque you turn your wrist over with as you're releasing the ball, the greater spin you put on it.
yea, I agree...I guess I should rephrase and say upper management has its priorities going down the wrong path IMO. The team is good and at least works their buns off, I have not been a fan of upper management and the think tank since 360 days