View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 07:58 PM   #15
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is adaptive a.i. in commentary possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
I'll give the devs full credit this year... I managed to get to week 9 or 10 in my CFM before the commentary was permanently muted. I thought the VO guys had solid delivery, good chemistry and didn't seem to make too many obviously incorrect observations. It all came together as well as it ever has.

That said, once I've heard the same irreverent quip three times in a season... it's done. It's been so long that I don't remember the exact wording of this year's trigger point... but it was "Your old coach used to call you Muffinbuns?" or whatever the nickname was. Stuff like that is needed if the goal is to ape the spontaneity of a live TV broadcast... but getting enough of them in place where it doesn't get repetitive for a CFM player is a tall order. Either way, I'll eventually realize how much more I enjoy the ambient sounds of the game over pre-canned play by play.
Yeah, they need to at minimum do two things: (1) Add way, WAY more commentary, and (2) add a trigger that prevents the same line from being said more than once or twice in a season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
As far as them breaking the 4th wall and winking at the audience, I actually dig that stuff... it was my favorite part of the new crew... Acknowledging that this is all happening in an alternate universe and having some fun with it... thought it was cute. Unfortunately a bit too repetitive as I skip every cutscene and presentation aspect every time.
Oh God I freaking HHAAAAAAATTE that.

Cannot stand it and want to kill my monitor with the controller every time, which is why I skip it 100% of the time.

Also can't stand the "swag" player introductions where they stand in a line on the field in full gear, as if that would EVER happen in an NFL broadcast.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove