View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 08:07 PM   #333
xApAthyx13
MVP

xApAthyx13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 OS Community Roster (Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiGarebear89
Do you plan on doing the same sort of thing for the Giants. Because it'd be easy for us, because we would just have to switch our playbook to the Cardinals since James Bettcher is here now. However, it'll be hard to tell what Bettcher is going to do and how he is going to deploy certain guys, so what are your thoughts on that?
Yes the Giants defense was adjusted tonight.

The Giants are planning to switch to a 'hybrid 3-4' defense with a whole lot of variables to it. So to mimic it would be difficult especially since Bettcher used a nickel defense in almost 40-50% of his formation last year with only 2 lineman down and 2 edge rushers on the outside....

I did adjust a couple things tonight. BJ Goodson, Alec Ogletree and Mark Herzlich are expected to take over the LB duties but with NY's base defense a 4-3 currently in the game it's hard to mimic truly the 3-4 not knowing where they will put each player. I placed Ogletree on the weakside for now (ROLB) but he will be playing inside as well depending on the formation. BJ was moved to MLB as he shouldn't see an outside edge at all in the new defense. Herlich also is a true inside backer, so I have him at MLB. Munson was moved to the outside and newly acquired OLB/EDGE Kareem Martin is switching over to defensive end. JPP will remain at end, but Vernon may see his EDGE/Sam position increased. I kept him at DE for now also. Dalvin Tomlinson could also find himself moved to the edge with Vernon a candidate for the weakside when Ogletree gets moved to the inside....

I'll keep monitoring the situation but the whole switch-a-roo will make some people happy and some people upset. Can't please everyone.

DT Josh Banks was also added to the roster since Madden didn't have him in the game.

My M23 Community Roster for Xbox Series X/S:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...eries-x-s.html

Last edited by xApAthyx13; 03-20-2018 at 08:35 PM.