View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 09:01 PM   #349
YogiGarebear89
MVP

YogiGarebear89's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 OS Community Roster (Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xApAthyx13
Yes the Giants defense was adjusted tonight.

The Giants are planning to switch to a 'hybrid 3-4' defense with a whole lot of variables to it. So to mimic it would be difficult especially since Bettcher used a nickel defense in almost 40-50% of his formation last year with only 2 lineman down and 2 edge rushers on the outside....

I did adjust a couple things tonight. BJ Goodson, Alec Ogletree and Mark Herzlich are expected to take over the LB duties but with NY's base defense a 4-3 currently in the game it's hard to mimic truly the 3-4 not knowing where they will put each player. I placed Ogletree on the weakside for now (ROLB) but he will be playing inside as well depending on the formation. BJ was moved to MLB as he shouldn't see an outside edge at all in the new defense. Herlich also is a true inside backer, so I have him at MLB. Munson was moved to the outside and newly acquired OLB/EDGE Kareem Martin is switching over to defensive end. JPP will remain at end, but Vernon may see his EDGE/Sam position increased. I kept him at DE for now also. Dalvin Tomlinson could also find himself moved to the edge with Vernon a candidate for the weakside when Ogletree gets moved to the inside....

I'll keep monitoring the situation but the whole switch-a-roo will make some people happy and some people upset. Can't please everyone.

DT Josh Banks was also added to the roster since Madden didn't have him in the game.
Yeah I can only imagine how much of a headache that would be. I would leave Herzlich out of the Starting lineup, he has been nothing more than a ST guy his entire career. But obviously for the time being you can leave it as there isn't much else you can do. I can see Goodson taking the MLB role, and have Ogletree and Martin as the Linebackers, Vernon will probably play some sort of hybrid between DE and LB as he is quick enough for it and has the talent to do it. JPP and DT will still probably paky on the line, but with the addition of Josh Mauro, it's hard to tell what role they will use him in. Time will tell. But I thank you for taking the time to tinker with it. It's nice having a guy who pays attention to all the details like you do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Romans 8:31, The Apex Predator Mentality