View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 09:26 PM   #16
Nunyerbiz
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Is adaptive a.i. in commentary possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞

Cannot stand it and want to kill my monitor with the controller every time, which is why I skip it 100% of the time.

Also can't stand the "swag" player introductions where they stand in a line on the field in full gear, as if that would EVER happen in an NFL broadcast.
I can certainly understand not liking the 4th wall stuff, but I get a kick out of that occasional popping of the balloon... taking the stuffiness out of things. My favorite part of the old NFL Gameday series in the PS1 days was when you'd pause the game for too long and the stadium announcer would pipe in with some goofball announcement that came clear out of left field.

As far as the introductions... I think something like that certainly could happen at some point. These guys have all kinds of media days and photoshoots and everything else. If they can film them in front of a green screen reciting their name and college, then they could certainly green screen them in their unis. Granted, they likely wouldn't have their helmets on... but I don't find the premise to be completely unreasonable. Either way, as I alluded to before... it's an alternate universe... Madden isn't our reality... they get to put spin on things that we don't. Nothing wrong with that necessarily. I can watch Fox or CBS on Sunday afternoons if I want a 100% faithful TV broadcast.