View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 03:18 AM   #13
Kleinevos
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: What do you mean, fades and hooks are bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclazaris84
pretty sure the complaints were about the sim side of the game, not my park.
I don't play offline so i wouldnt know.
But the title was more of a jab than actual statement
Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
Not most people are complaining about the post in mypark, in fact i would think that almost no one is complaining about what you can do in mypark since you can basically do anything offensively there. Its the actual nba side of the game that has some problems.
See above. I have no idea of the offline scene. Title was merely a jab at the complainers here, meant to draw attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Nice work.

I notice you don't lose the ball a lot...even though you use the fake a lot in your arsenal...regardless of if you were surrounded or guys were jumping like crazy or not....

I know I personally don't have many issues with this from a PNO perspective, but there are countless threads on losing the ball in the post....even from a Park POV....what would you say you're doing different?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
There's only a few instances when you lose the ball while posting:
1) there's a double/triple team on you where defenders are not on your backside, but on your side/front. This is the result from the defence either actively double teaming you, or happenstance because your teammate is crossing Too close to you, giving the defenders a chance to swipe at you.
In the first case, pass out of open shot.
The second is harder to anticipate. If i can, i try to position myself so the running defender is at my closed side. If i cant, try to keep moving. I feel it's harder to swipe the ball while i'm moving.

The 2nd way i get stripped is during a post drop/spin animation. Usually that ends in a foul called, bit for some reason you still get the lose ball penalty, before getting the draw foul bonus.

All in all i barely get stripped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
In a game where 3 pointers are 80%+ and dunks are 100%+, yes fades and hooks are bad.
My fades are +80% Too, and my hooks +60. Most hooks i miss is becuz i just love to do them from the perimeter, which is a bit far out to justify a higher percentage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I’ve actually hit some nice post hooks today in pro am. Don’t use them often though. But i finally got the timing down .
Release timing and game timing are key.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
I only use fades when the defender gives a little space, but they go in pretty consistently
Exactly. Give me an inch and i'll Fade in you. Guard me close and i'll spin/drop. Double team me and i pass out.

Hard to guard

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MotoG3 met Tapatalk