Old 03-24-2018, 07:12 PM   #12
Shamhat1915
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: CFM Trades and Contract Negotiations Idea to be like Fifa 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I liked the system that was in NFL Head Coach 09.

For free agents you had to bid (in real time) with other teams by setting the length and total dollar amount.

If you won the bidding, or when you go to resign your own players, you had to select the contract structure from a list. The list typically had 10 entries, ordered from most beneficial to you to most beneficial to the player. If the player didn't like your offer they could counter with another option from the list. You could then agree, stand tall, or choose to compromise. The process continued until an agreement was made or the player called it off.

Each player had their own personality that affected the negotiations. Some players were incredibly easy to sign, while others could quickly end the talks if they felt you weren't making fair offers.

They could add visual scenes during the back and forth, and that would be icing on the cake. But I loved how you had to be aware of who you were negotiating with.

Video on part of offseason from HC09 (FA starts at 21:40) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHmc...LaJKieMwZiWv_Q

They just need to take NFL Head Coach 09 and make it the new CFM. It had so many good assets for building a team. The way contracts/negotiations worked, bonuses/incentives in contracts, full coaching staffs and the ability to hire coordinators as head coaches, promote position coaches and hire ex-players as position coaches. I still love playing NFL Head Coach 09 to this day for the teambuilding aspect of the game. Wish it was still around, or would get rebooted with updated graphics and rosters