View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 10:16 PM   #7
nemesis04
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: For Those Who Are Not Buying MLB The Show 18, Why Not?

I bought 18 but would not have purchased if I had known season mode was pulled.

Here is my story:

My main mode I played was online franchise and was bummed that it was taken but I accepted it was gone and restrategized what I was going to do in 18. I waited to pre-order until I watched the Franchise stream. After not hearing about any major shifts I decided to pre-order figuring I would end up in season mode anyway (my second mode of choice).

I always enjoyed reading about people creating classic rosters for specific time periods and running them in season mode. Figuring there was no online I would invest time in season mode and create some rosters. I spent a chunk of time creating them and was anxious to get them to 18. The rest is history as we surprisingly found out Friday morning there is no season mode to be had. The time wasted makes me boil and the selective transparency on SDS's part is beyond comprehension.

I have not even opened 18 since it was downloaded. I could not even tell you what the opening intro is. Not 1 inning of 18 played so far and I am not sure if I will play it at all.