View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 05:22 AM   #2
Schrankwand
Rookie

Schrankwand's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Training - should I?

That's actually a good question i asked myself a couple of days ago. And i wanted to try the "no training" in another career mode save myself.

You are definitely right; that player training can make your team overpowered. Players are more likely to grow further of their original potential.

I am currently running a FC Valencia career mode. A good team with a lot of young players from good to great potential. One of those players is left-midfielder Goncalo Guedes. He starts at 79, his potential lies at 89. Improtant side note: Guedes is only on loan at Valencia from Paris Saint-Germain. I bought him back pretty quickly in the winter transfer window of the second season. His overall did not grow there in that time he was back in Paris. Probably the best 35 million i have spent in a long time. I am saying that so you can see that all of his growth happened at my club and not on any of the CPU controlled clubs, which could possibly lean towards different results.

I am now in the middle of my fourth season and he already grew to 86 - with no player training. Since he is just 24/25 years old (or should i say "young"?) at this point, he still has the chance to grow and it his ceiling at 89 overall. I also should add that he played pretty good in most of his matches and he is a regular starter for the team (he is also absolutely rapid, holy smokes!).

So, here's my theory: if the player performs relatively well, he will grow to his original potential - without training. If he can grow above his potential without training is yet to be answered. I'll have an eye on him and his rating throughout this career mode and i'll tell you the results.

A short-term solution for your problem could be that you only train your young prospects or youth academy players (if you have one in your team). Another thing which i like to do sometimes, if i don't know who to put in training at the moment, is to take a player who has and overall like 79 and put him to an 80 overall. I basically round them up. After that i just let them grow normally. Of course it's only logical to do this if the player is not in his 30s and already declining.

Last edited by Schrankwand; 03-27-2018 at 05:34 AM.