Turbojugend
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 18 Stadium Accuracy / Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
STADIUM NAME: Kauffman Stadium
DESCRIPTION: Right Field Porch Sign - For years this was a Budweiser script sign, and for the 2017 and 2018 seasons, it was changed to Blue Moon. Even if the text could say something like ‘The Show’ with a baseball between the words, that would be better than the big rectangular The Show sign that's currently in-game.
PICTURES: (will add later)

DESCRIPTION: Outfield LF & RF Wall LED Signage - At Kauffman, the LED boards extend further than what is currently in The Show. In The Show, there is a fixed graphic at the end towards the bullpen(s), but in reality, the LED board extends all the way to the bullpen edge. Only the last graphic, towards center field, is non-LED.

DESCRIPTION: Grass Pattern - I love when the Royals mow the crown in to the outfield grass. But truthfully, this was almost exclusively used in the playoff runs of 2014-15. Seeing it still in for every game in The Show makes it less special. I would prefer The Show had the much more common checker pattern for the field, and thick parallel lines in foul territory as the Royals use 99% of the time.

DESCRIPTION: Hall of Fame Glass Graphic - Every year, the Royals have some kind of Royals branding graphic applied to the HoF glass in left field. Also, for the past few years, they have the green Commerce Bank splash advertisement on the right side. Something that mimics this with Royals branding would be much better than the blank gray glass that The Show has had for years.

DESCRIPTION: Upper Deck Advertisements - In The Show, these upper deck vomitories are solid concrete. However, in real life, the two big ones on the sides of the upper deck should have large (mostly blue) sponsor graphics on them. Also, at the top of the press box area are two long 'roof tops'. The Show has these as a plain color, but these should also be sponsored mostly blue.

DESCRIPTION: Kauffman Stadium Broadcast Pitching Cam - It seems like the angle of the camera is just a bit off. The zoom is about right, but I think the camera needs to swing around to show a little bit more to the right. I think the focal length of the camera needs changed a little too, because you can see that the dirt circle around home plate runs off the left and right edges in the real broadcast. It's easiest to compare when you look at the advertisement panels on the backstop. It doesn't take away from the game, but as someone that watches most Royals games, and also plays loads of The Show each year, it's enough that I notice it and it takes away just enough from the realism.
Those are all great observations, surely you've seen that Kauffman Stadium is misspelled on your home team's dugout? That's sort of a big deal if you ask me.