Old 03-31-2018, 11:07 PM   #32
OhMrHanky
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Vastly improved QB AI: What you are missing playing 16,17, or 18 on All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
After years of consternation, lol, I have finally decided to try all-madden. I last tried all-madden in 06-07 years, lol. And, all I remember is this one game vs the eagles where they apparently had a major injury bug affecting their offensive line. Because, they were all the way down to using their little 5’ nothing kicker, Akers. Lol. And, let me tell u something, that little 100 lb whatever kicker blocked like a hall of famer at LT, no less. Lol. I absolutely could not blockshed that sucker. It was at that point in history that I refused to ever try all-madden, as it made the ratings completely pointless, as that anecdote clearly shows.

However, given the current state of the game and changes to overall gameplay made in the past 3-5 years with Rex and company, I decided to give this a shot, again. All-pro was a bit too easy, and while I feel like the games play fairly realistically, my over talented team always dominates. And, overall, it had gotten boring. So, onto all-madden, I say.

My first game was a pre-season game. I thought I would try out all-madden in a meaningless game to see how different it played. I was actually pleasantly surprised when my first D play was an INT. Because, that seemed to tell me that u can still play D and the cpu won’t be perfect. Well, after a high scoring 1st half with both team’s starters in, the 2nd half was really wild. Lol. Their backup QB has low 80 stats in every category, so it’s acceptable for him to be good, especially against my backups, but he ended up going like 20/20, I believe. Lol. And, I lost 63-47 or something ridiculous like that. I was surprised at the high score. I thought D might be too tough. I felt the game played realistically enough in some areas, particularly the run. It felt completely diff than all-pro, but in a twisted way. In all-pro, while u can ultimately break off nice runs here and there, it’s still plagued by the Oline O’lay nonsense and u constantly are stuck by a Dlineman for a 2-3 yard LOSS. For some reason, in all-madden, it feels more about the LB play filling holes or overplaying the strong side, so u have to choose your cuts. But, the Dline normally doesn’t just cheat and drill u in the backfield due to poor blocking. So, actually, I really like the running options in all-madden and it feels more realistic.

I summed the rest of pre-season and then played my first reg season game against the Steelers. This is like 5 seasons into franchise, so no Big Ben, but they still have Antonio brown and Bell, actually. So, they’re solid, and I think/hope their D was still good, because they were tough, but again, realistic and fair, imo. So, I enjoyed that challenge, but because I went down early, I was forced to pass 50+ times and threw 5 ints. I was still ok with this based on my own play style and having to go for it a few times into coverage. That being said, I was disappointed in their QB play, and by this, I mean, again, their qb has low 80 skill set and he absolutely carved me up to a completion % of 90+. Lol. And, believe me, I blitz, I zone, I man, I do a lot on D, so it would’ve been nice to see a lower % from him. But, ultimately that may not have lost me the game.

I fumbled on the goaline going for a dive, lol, that should’ve scored. And they scored on a complete cpu glitch BS coverage on a hurry up offense. I called man, and the way my D lined up, my outside CB lined up outside, but chose to cover Brown in the slot. So, they snap the ball, and 2-3 of my D are completely covering the wrong person (not the person in front of them). Lol. So, they got a cheap TD, there. I lost by 12, I believe. So, it was close enough that those 2 plays stood out.

I will say this, and it’s another interesting thing to see the diff between all-pro and all-madden, was that drops are LESS in all-madden, imo, from this early look. And, by that, I mean, truly, in all-pro, u will see some dropped passes from a soft hit that was late or something, and the game still forces the drop. But, in all-madden, if u have position, even though the D is tighter and tackles u right away, I saw less overall drops, which was nice and/or realistic, imo. So, that was actually better to see. And, I still saw plenty of realistic drops, btw, so they’re not removed, but again, I was surprised at WRs and TEs holding onto tight quick hit passes.

And, the fact that brown was the main weapon used was also a nice change of pace. As others have mentioned, all-madden seems to target WRs more than all-pro. All-pro focuses on RB and TE too much. So, this was nice.

I’m going to play out the season with straight default all-madden, and see if I can figure out how to alter my coverage for the high % nonsense, because that does kill the game quickly when u absolutely can’t stop anything the cpu qb does. But, the overall additional challenge was decent. And, I’ll also say that the cpu Dline pressure was not an issue at all, so, again, that doesn’t feel cheap. And, the cpu blitzes a little more frequently, I believe, which changes up your gameplay some. This was a welcome change, as well.

So, I guess I’ll say, for anyone that’s played all-pro all the time and didn’t want to play all-madden all-cheat, lol, just like me, it might be worth giving it a try with M18, specifically. Again, my only concern is qb %. Mine was only 58, actually, which is low for me. But, the cpu avg qb getting 90+ is kind of infuriating. Lol. [emoji41][emoji458]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. I take it all back. Do NOT. I repeat, DO NOT play on all-madden, EVER!!! Lol. I just played 2nd game of season, and it was the same thing. Cpu qb throwing 90%+, I threw 3 pick 6’s, 2 of which were complete nonsense. I like a challenge, but I prefer realism over this. Lol. And, if my 90+ rated team dominates in all-pro, that’s more realistic than their qb throwing 90%+ every game. Ugghh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk