View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 06:03 PM   #6
apollo1980
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How to win at Madden Online ... ALMOST EVERY TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
When I got to the “punt on first down” part I died laughing.
I just finished a game online. I recorded it. Waiting for it to process on YouTube. My first play, which was the first offensive play in the game ... I had the ball, and PUNTED on FIRST DOWN.

Never played defense.

Deliberately threw an interception. Missed a field goal. Missed an extra point.

Had two offside calls on my offense when hitting R2 several times, to get my own line to jump.

What was the result of the game?

Opponent drove down the field after I punted on first down. Got a TD. His ONLY TD until the very end of the game.

He had the ball in my red zone late in the second quarter. What happens? My defense, CPU run, intercepts the ball at the goal line, and runs it back 100 yards for a TD! And I did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on my end. Well, except kick the extra point to tie the game at 7-7 at the half.

Second half, my defense came into play and picked off my opponent two more times. One lead to my running back rushing for a long TD. The other, well, I was up 14-7, so I just missed (deliberately) a field goal to put me up by two scores. Hey, it's late in the game. I needed my opponent to try to tie the game late, so something bad will happen to him with the CPU defense he's against.

My opponent is frustrated, and goes for it on 4th down. He NEVER punted. Sometimes he'd get a first down, sometimes, I held.

Stopped him on a 4th down. Had the ball, got into field goal range, but was able to run in another TD. So now I'm up 20-7. I miss the extra point (deliberately) to watch what happens next.

My opponent drives down the field very late in the game, and gets a TD towards the very end. Now down 20-13, he decides to go for 2, with 4 seconds on the clock. He doesn't convert.

My opponent kicks an onside kick. My team recovers. 4 seconds left. I kneel. He calls time out (his last.) Second down, I kneel. Game over.

I won with NO effort.

It's a 56 minute video. Remember, I let the clock run down. Dragging the game on.

The video is STILL processing on Youtube. When it's done, I'll EDIT and post here.

No kidding.

EDIT: HERE IS THE LINK (LOOK FOR TIME MARKERS IN THE DESCRIPTION TO SHOW KEY PLAYS)

https://youtu.be/03o2JNTekfE

Last edited by apollo1980; 04-08-2018 at 07:40 PM.