ayyitskev
Rookie

ayyitskev's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: SimWorld NBA: The Chronicle

April 12th, 2018

By: Adam Schefter

Around The NBA: End Of Regular Season

With the regular season now in the rear-view, the excitement around the league is all pointing towards the start of the postseason tomorrow. Me being me, however, my eyes are looking forward to the offseason. Now let me tell you, it'll be a big one. A lot of big names could be on the move, and these are just a couple of the reports I've been hearing prior to the playoffs beginning from both playoff teams, and those on the other end of the spectrum.

Charlotte Hornets & Head Coach Steve Clifford Expect To Part Ways. Following a lackluster 36-46 finish in the top-heavy-yet-not-so-deep Eastern Conference, Michael Jordan and co. expect to move on from current head coach Steve Clifford. Furthermore, I'm hearing that All-Star Kemba Walker as well as a still much left in the tank Dwight Howard could be on the move. Local word in Charlotte is that no one is safe, although teams after Frank Kaminsky would need cough up quite a price. No official comment from the team.

Third-Seed Trailblazers Ready To Make Noise. Portland superstar (yes, superstar) Damian Lillard is ready to get rocking, following a string of tweets hyping up his team and even throwing a shot at opposing superstar point guard Russell Westbrook. He since deleted the tweet, but it said, "A Stat-stuffer vs. a game changer... yeah ok.". The Blazers are among the hottest teams coming into the playoffs, sitting Lillard and CJ McCollum in their last couple of games and still finishing as the third seed. Westbrook chose not to comment much about it, telling reporters, "He's a good player, but I'm not worried." This is a matchup to keep eyes on.

Marc Gasol Frustrated At Grizzlies Front Office. The Spanish big man and former defensive player of the year award recipient Marc Gasol has expressed his frustration at the Memphis brass, with some conflicting reports saying that he has requested a trade. Gasol declined to comment, and called reports untrue. Gasol is now on the wrong side of 30, however can still be a key part for a team looking for a third star, such as Washington or Toronto. Memphis will likely ask for a first round pick and/or a young high-upside player.

Lance Stephenson Will Attempt To Lockdown King James In Round One. "Born Ready" Lance Stephenson has entered the starting lineup for a hungry Pacers team ready to upset the King in round one. Stephenson, as outspoken as anyone, has told local reporters, "I asked coach to give me 'Bron. I ain't scared of nothing, we're ready to show the world what we got."

Isaiah Thomas Is Reportedly Going To Retire If No Teams Meet His Contract Demands. The struggling Lakers star is set to test free agency, however according to reports, he's looking for money over 20 million a season, and threatens retirement if no one bites. Thomas might have been able to ask for that kinda dough two years ago, in the midst of a career year in Boston, however after his hip injury that had him bounce from Cleveland to Los Angeles, he'd be lucky to find a one year offer over 8 million. Still, a team like Sacramento could take a flier on the fallen star, however it would be foolish for teams to meet his demands.

twitch:
twitch.tv/simworldgaming
youtube: simworldtv
instagram: @simworld4k
twitter: @simworld4k

[ Heat, Dolphins, Marlins, Panthers, FAU ]

[ PSN: ayyyitskev ]

Last edited by ayyitskev; 04-10-2018 at 01:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove