Thread: Run Blocking
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 11:04 AM   #11
LBzrule
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Run Blocking

I just played a CFM game against the cpu yesterday because our league is on hiatus until Madden 19 but we can still play games if we want. Check this out, my left tackle is 6'7 335 lbs, 93 Pass Block. Barkevious Mingo, Mingo, has 83 finesse moves. Why did he have 3 sacks? I mean it was obvious the cpu was generating some BS pressure. On two of the sacks my LT just stood there and spun around on one foot and let him go right past him. On the third Mingo did his best Hulk Hogan impersonation and split the double team of my tackle and Guard within 2 seconds on a PA play. He was on my QB by the time the PA animation ended. I won the game easily but the fake generation of pressure by the cpu (that you'd never get), makes this game laughable at times. I realize this is a pass blocking issue, but it needs a lot of work too.

Going back to run blocking what EA needs to do is make sure the blocking is good enough to where certain runs are going to expose certain fronts on defense especially if you have the personnel advantage. I mean Dive, Iso, Traps need to expose 43 and Nickel Wide 9. If a person is stunting their linebackers and pressing gaps, bringing an extra safety into the box that's different but if they are just sitting back in cover 2 and cover 3 those plays have to be able to expose those fronts. People need to understand that you can't just sit in a front without understanding there are weaknesses and you have to cover the weaknesses if you want to run it.

You can't even outflank a defense in this game. Ace Pair, for instance, is a formation I ideally would like to use an extra Tackle at TE1 and then pound the rock to that side. But the extra tackle doesn't make it worth it as he just gets beaten like a drum. Again, EA has to force users on defense to pay attention. If I have an extra tackle out there, then the guy I'm playing has to drop the Safety into the box and maybe even have a stunt call between the Safety and the OLB. But if he is just stubborn and wants to sit back in a 2 deep shell that should be positive yards every time. And right now he can do that and because of the block shedding by the end or OLB having an extra tackle does nothing to force the hand of the defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove