View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 02:53 PM   #19
CM Hooe
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: How to win at Madden Online ... ALMOST EVERY TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo1980
No need to poke fun, here. People in this forum can play how they want. We all bought the game. We can play it how we want.

Also, no need to be arrogant about playing defense, and how it's "not some special skill unique to me, haha." Wow. Too bad there's no way to prove this, since you don't play online. I do. And I've shown I don't need skill on defense. Heck, even on offense. This method usually works.

So you play your way (just don't be arrogant about it in the forum), and the rest of us will play our way.
I'm not objecting to you playing the game however you want. You do you. I also won't begin to claim to being a better Madden player than anyone; I'm good at pre-snap stuff but my stick skills are pretty mediocre these days. I don't really care about being better or worse than anyone, to be honest; I enjoy playing the tactical chess match.

What I am objecting to, however, is the justification of your strategy, that the optimal way to play the game is to let the game play itself, that the game is scripted, etc. etc. It's just nonsense.

There is more on-field user control over the outcome in this year's Madden game than literally any other football game that has ever existed. The skill gap between a new user and an experienced user is obvious, and the skill gap between an experienced user and a hardcore competitive player is more obvious still. It's on you to use the tools available to you to succeed. Even in my limited experience playing in my online league with a dozen people of varying skill levels, those who master those controls and tactics of the game are obviously better at Madden than those who do not.