View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 11:07 AM   #57
Sucram7777
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Our Madden NFL 19 Wishlist - What's on Yours?

Couple things that, I'm sure were mentioned prior by a few good lads a couple pages back, but just to strengthen the notion:

1). Remove XP system

Yes, the idea that you can selectively choose specific attributes of a player you want to upgrade is good. However, building XP over in-game stats heavily encourages stat-padding (i.e. let me throw to my new SS development rookie WR 20 times each game for 200 Rec Yds & 3 TDs......and thereby afford Speed/Catching/CIT attributes).

2). Improved A.I.

The fact that the A.I. isn't too responsive to User Repitition is a solid reason why people are able to abuse #1. Money plays just being cheesed with mininal consequence. AI never takes advantage of its strengths in personel. Not even going to get into the questionable decisions they make off the field...

3). New Injury system

This has been a point of interest to me for quite some time. Guys, let's face it - Football is a tough, barebones sport....especially so at the NFL level. After several seasons, how many players could honestly tell you they are functioning at the same 100% they had when they just entered the league? Nearly everyone on that gridiron has suffered some kind of nicks/cuts/bruises and far worse.....and guess what - very rarely do these sustained injuries just disappear. In Madden however it's:

1) Player suffers broken hand (5 weeks)
2) 5 Weeks pass
3) Player is back on the field, with absolutely no detriment to his play.

In short:
• Injuries have immediate (seasonal) consequence
• Injuries do NOT have long-term (career) consequence

That Bodily Injury Chart which shows degradation over the span of a player's career should be implemented.

4). Deuce Douglas' Badge system.

*See him for that* lol.

5). Make Physics Relevant

Time and again, with every passing Madden I purposely make a 5'8 185 RB with 90 Truck/Stiff Arm exclusively to test this. He preforms about as well as you'd expect from a Jamal Lewis or Blount. That's just a blatant disregard for physicality.