View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 05:13 PM   #9
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CFM: Precisely when is the new schedule determined each season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
So are you saying the week to week schedule is determined then by the game (it is a computer system so I don't see why not) or the opponents are determined between week 17 and WC weekend. If the latter that should then all be consistent with NFL Operations. ONLY 2 opponents are determined by record and position finished; all other games are already pre-determined by rotation of intra- and inter-conference opponents so every few years each team does play each other. From NFL operation website (https://operations.nfl.com/the-game/...fl-schedule/):

Here’s how each team’s opponents are set:
Every team plays six games against the other three teams in its division, facing off twice per season — once at home and once on the road.
The NFL’s scheduling formula ensures that all teams will play every team from every division in the other conference once every four years.
The NFL's scheduling formula ensures that all teams will play every team from every division in the other conference once every four years.
Every team plays one game against each of the four teams from a division within its conference — two games at home and two on the road. Which division a team plays is determined by a rotation system ensuring that the teams in one division will play the teams in every other division in its conference once every three years.
Every team plays one game against each of the four teams from a division in the other conference once per season — two games at home and two on the road. These matchups are also determined by a rotation, which ensures that all teams play every team from every division in the other conference once every four years.
Every team plays its remaining two games against teams from the two remaining divisions in its own conference — one game at home and the other on the road. The matchups are determined by where the teams finished in their divisions in the previous season. For example, a team that finished the previous year in third place in its division will play the third-place teams from the two other divisions in its conference.
No. The MATCHUPS remain the same after week 17 no matter what you do. It's the ORDER that I'm concerned with.

Allow me to elaborate. In the REAL NFL, say you're an NFC team slated to play the AFC WEST, and it's March 19th. You know exactly who you're going to play. You just don't know the order. That won't be revealed until April.

What I am testing here is finding out exactly when Madden determines the ORDER of who you play.

And as it turns out, the order of who you play is determined at exactly the same time the actual opponents of who you play are determined (unlike in the real NFL, where it is determined right before the draft). Obviously, games against the other conference rotate every season, but standings still determine two of the 16 games on the schedule (in the real NFL, 6 games are divisional, 4 are versus a division from the other conference, and 4 are against a division in your conference. The final two depend on standings- that is NOT what I'm interested in here. I'm interested in the ORDER).

The relevance:

What if I don't like having four straight road games? It would be nice to reload another save and fix that with another randomly generated ORDER of the standings/rotation determined schedule. Unfortunately, you'd have to go clear back to the end of the previous regular season to do that.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.