Old 04-23-2018, 02:21 PM   #6
MDSavageBeast
Rookie

MDSavageBeast's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 7 different myplayers, still can't shoot consistently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
I've made 7 different myplayers. I've probably put in 1000+ hours into the game. I still can't shoot 3s consistently. My two best shooting myplayers are a 6'3 Sharp/Shot creator (84 open 3, silver shooting badges) and my newest, a 6'5" playmaking sharp (89 open 3, silver shooting badges so far).

I've tried 30 different jumpers and made several of my own. I've tried with shot meter on and off. I've tried watching the players feet, or their hands, or whatever. I've tried with the shot stick and the button.

I can't seem to get above %55-60 in shooting 3s in mycourt practice (standing still), and probably closer to 40-50 on open shots in games. This seems really low to me. It feels like I'm constantly seeing guys who have non-shooting builds (shot creating slashers, for example) comfortably draining 3s all the time, and partial sharp builds like sharp/playmakers, hitting from everywhere at %60 or higher on the move or standing still.

I feel like I need some advice that goes beyond 'find a jumper you are comfortable with'. I feel like I'm missing something because I've been banging my head against this since the game came out.

Suggestions?
How are you defining "consistently" shooting? From 3? Midrange? Close? With sharp primaries? Sharp secondaries? Other builds?