View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 01:40 AM   #31
318boy
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Give me all your discoveries about how tweaking speed threshold affects gameplay

Okay now in one post Im going to try to explain it. :What is Skynet? Skynet is Madden playing like Madden instead of a football game. It affects your on-the-field gameplay in almost everyway. :How? It makes everything that is happening in Madden predetermined or line up the way it sees fit. This ranges from fatigue, suction tackling, warping, oline blocking, the challenge system, ball physics, and player body physics. The Madden development team didn't lie when they said there was old code in this game. :Explanation, like I mentioned Skynet affects the game in everyway. What most didn't know is that Infinity Engine is still in this game but it is now a physics and animation mix. With Skynet on its really just animation only which makes Madden an animation driven game and very predetermined, not football. Further illustration, when a pass is tipped or fumbled, on your game it pops out in a random way with no respect for physics or what happened to cause it to. With Skynet off, everything that happens just happens. The football is respected as a physical thing and pops out however, lands however and is recovered however. Player models are also respected, meaning knees, feet, hands whatever can impact the ball and change the play. Also the challenge system works and is activated accordingly because the play is no longer predetermined. Momentum, strength and blocking is also respected because there is no warping lineman into positions. What Im saying is Madden 18 is still Madden 18 but without all of the foolishness, Skynet off allows it to become football. :Why would EA do this? After witnessing all of these things my theory is simple, the suits have to want this game to really be what it says E for everyone. This means for 5 year olds and 50 year olds alike. I dont know if everyone realizes how much warping alone produces parity. Not to meantion the competitive crowd (who I follow on other forums) that goes nuts when mistakes happens that they did not cause. This is what we all hoped the sim,competitive and arcade mode would fix. However, I think its more complicated than just the modes because game adjustments seem to carry throughout the entire game, even online. :Why further explained, remember EA Play last year when all of the participants were raving about how much better Madden was, then on release all of them claimed the game they played was a totally different game then what was released. Well Im taking all of these things into consideration when I say the suit have to want the game to play the way it does. I dont believe they are going to take any risk (or significantly change gameplay) if they dont have to. The last times they did it was NBA Elite and Madden with the infinity engine, neither got public approval. Theres much more I can type but Im kind of rambling.

Last edited by 318boy; 04-26-2018 at 01:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove