View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 11:44 AM   #124
T4VERTS
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Nah. I prefer "sim" and I rarely play MUT. I'm a still franchise guy, and I've run a online Madden league with my friends for the past several years.

My point in that post which is getting glossed over is that there are ways to very easily argue for "sim" improvements to the game even assuming the development of the game takes a competitive focus. The game isn't a perfect competitive game yet, either.

Regardless of game style either of us prefer, we both know Madden will receive authenticity improvements anyway, as it has literally every single year it has existed.
I have always tried to stress that the CFM crowd is actually a loyal repeat customer that EA wants to convert to MUT. In order to keep them as a potential MUT customer they have to continue to provide them with content to keep them purchasing and continuing EA's chance to convert them to MUT. I expect at some point you will see MUT rewards for Franchise achievement, as in win a SB for instance in CFM and get a MUT pack. By having that base of packs to start from some CFM guys could be tempted later in the release to cross over and therefor opening up the chance they could eventually purchase additional packs.

People need to realize that EA sees value in CFM as a potential revenue source which bodes well for it's continued sustainability.