Old 05-06-2018, 06:27 PM   #115
ojandpizza
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2017-2018 Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
I would trade Gordon Hayward instead of Kyrie if I was Ainge. I've never understood any fascination with this guy and I don't think he's gonna be a huge difference maker like people think he will. Plus, they are absolutely stacked at the wing position. Tatum should surpass Hayward by his 3rd year at the latest, but possibly as soon as next year. Brown can get buckets and is a better defender than Hayward. Smart's defensive versatility is extremely valuable and Terry Rozier could possibly be the best backup PG in the league.

So you've got all that already...add a healthy Kyrie to the squad and you're a Finals contender. Yet you've got $30 mil wrapped up in one guy that quite frankly, you don't really need.

At the same time, I can see how the thought of a Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford starting 5 can be very enticing. And next year at least they'd still have Morris and Rozier on the bench, probably not Smart though. Not sure if they can keep Baynes or not either.

Idk, I'd see what the market would be like for Hayward and see if I could get a nicely priced big and re-sign Smart rather than pay a dude $30 mil a year that pretty much only scores.

But does San Antonio trade a top 5 player for Hayward and the hopes of Brown continuing to get better? They’ve already wanted Kyrie in the past, which is why he was the player I used in the hypothetical trade. The thing with Hayward is you know he wants to be there with Stevens, you don’t have to worry about him signing elsewhere or demanding a trade, that’s his guy.

But yeah, if I were Boston I would rather keep Kyrie, but Stevens ain’t giving the go ahead on a Hayward trade. And San Antonio likely doesn’t move Kawhi for him either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove