Old 05-07-2018, 03:16 PM   #136
jeremym480
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: 2017-2018 Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
No, I would not trade Tatum or Brown for Kawhi. Ainge however will trade anyone at anytime so you never know what could happen. But I just want one full season of the core guys we already have, if that’s ok.
This is pretty much my take as well. I'm not sure Brown will ever be Kawhi but I do believe that he will be an All-Star one day. I think Tatum is on the way to being the next Celtics great so he's basically untouchable for me. Kyrie or Hayward would almost have to go in order to make things work financially and adding one of those plus Brown or Rozier is just too much for me and honestly I'd prefer to keep them anyway.

I'm 100% fine with standing pat, however knowing Pop's rule of not trading with the other teams in the West makes me very uneasy about this. Because if Kawhi ends up on a team like Cleveland (with LeBron) or Milwaukee I'm going to be upset. To make matters worse there's a "rumor" that LeBron wants the 76ers to trade for Kawhi and then he would sign there. A potential lineup of Simmons, Covington/Redick, Kawhi, LeBron and Embiid scares the hell out of me.

I just need the Spurs, Pop, and Kawhi to work things out so that he can stay on a good team in the West that will at least give the Warriors/Rockets a nice run for their money year in and year out. Just stay out of the East is really all I'm asking.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans