Old 05-07-2018, 10:06 PM   #46
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Article on EA financials leaves little doubt what Madden 19 focus will be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
You won't like hearing this, but you're operating the assumption that MUT = poor quality.
Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
As you mentioned, this is a huge one. Dude's brother's indie boss's obligation is to nobody. He can do with his money as he pleases and take whatever risks he likes. The executive team at EA's responsibility is to their shareholders. That is a massive difference that affects all kinds of prioritization & decision-making at nearly every level of the company.

It's easy to vilify the giant corporation. I don't always disagree. But there are advantages and disadvantages to being the indie company. They're easy to get excited about and people fall in love with the *idea* of what they're building. But most indie games fail. And even the ones that succeed, most people reading this spend most if not all of their game-purchasing cash on AAA titles developed & published by large corporations. Why is this?

The answer is one some won't like to admit: because by & large, they make better games that more people enjoy playing. That doesn't fit the narrative, I realize. But it's true.
WTF happened here? lol. I'm trying to follow your logic here but I having a hard time. In the first quoted post I think you are saying because people play MUT and it's successful, that means it's good quality. I beg to differ because it's in a rigged market, MUT and the game as a whole's "success" could simply be because people feel it's better than nothing, in relation to NFL gaming.

The bold part in the last quoted post I would agree with but I have no idea what it has to do specifically with EA and Madden. Yes, in general, AAA companies produce better games than indie devs but with regard to this game and this giant corp, again, all I can say is their game is better than nothing, for some. In that same vein, it's telling that even with that fact, some portion of long time football gamers, myself included, choose playing nothing.