Old 05-08-2018, 08:46 AM   #167
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Eh, the NFLPA has a strong relationship with EA and I think you would need to do more than argue.
Well I would imagine you would have to present evidence regarding your issue AND present a compelling argument for why it is relevant to the players and their brand, etc.

However, I'm not just shooting the shhh, so to speak. I actually did this several years ago, and got an email response from Carl Francis, to whom I presented picture evidence of how EA was failing the brand (Carl Francis was then the Director of Communications. Not sure now). I asked him to forward the email to George Atallah. He told me he'd forward my email to "the appropriate individual," and coincidentally the very next Madden they fixed the 49ers helmets. Did he actually forward the email? Did it make a difference? I don't know. But I do know the 49ers haven't had flat tan helmets since.

Granted, it could have been coincidence. Correlation does not necessarily imply causation. But I got a response from the F'ning NFLPA, and it "just so happened" that shortly after the issue was fixed.

So, I'm not saying it will really do anything. But if you can find a very compelling argument, and solid evidence backing it up, about how EA Tiburon might be harming the player's brand (or the league's), you just might get a response, and it just might lead to something happening.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.