View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 09:49 PM   #29
solmon
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 CFM Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus
Lets not kid ourselves, people will take an awful Ravens, just for Lamar Jackson at QB. Though with him not running any 40s it gives EA all the reason they need to keep him in the 88-89 spd range.

The Browns have loads of young players, so the talent development type fans will love that. The overalls will be awful, I'll be very curious how EA grades out the QBs from the draft and what they give Mayfield.

The Texans even without any real draft picks, get back Deshawn Watson who will likely be a Star Dev player. With an above average RB, elite OVR WR in Hopkins, and elite spd in Fuller. (No TE or OL to speak of though). On defense an elite front 7 (Though I doubt Watt retains his 99ovr rating). And the addition of Honey Badger at safety.

The Eagles will simply be loaded, with star talent basically everywhere on the field. And trade bait all over as well. Probably look very similar to how the Seahawks looked in Madden 3-4 years ago.

The Jaguars would be my surprise pick here. Their QB spot is bad, but the rest of the roster should look great, and for many players (myself included) QB is just about the least valuable position on the field for Madden.
Lots to unpack and reply to here - thanks for the thoughts!

Lamar: Shooter said 4.3 flat is realistic on a Twitter thread during draft. He will be cheese online, but the truth is he's just that fast and a solid QB. He was my QB3 behind Baker and Rosen.

Browns: So much young talent...this is a fun CFM team to me. Not ready to win yet, but by year 3 could be contender. Not as much draft capital now.

Texans: If everyone is healthy I think they could make a run at the SB this year. Crazy talent in most position groups.

Eagles: Zero reason they shouldn't repeat. My one thing I didn't agree with was letting Blount walk. Made a bigger difference than people realize and Matt Jones isn't a replacement. I think they'll miss him.

Jags: So much talent on D it's absurd. Between them and Rams it's almost unfair. If I ran with them in a CFM I'd probably try to make Bortles work for a year and see how it goes instead of spending on QB via trade, FA, or draft. If Cards start Rosen at some point I may look at acquiring Bradford if Bortles is failing.