Old 05-16-2018, 03:15 PM   #32
4thQtrStre5S
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 'Madden 19' News: Carlos Guerrero Takes Over As Senior Producer For Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I think of something Mills has said constantly on his streams....paraphrasing, but the gist was that sports games were basically RPGs with a sports backdrop. That's really a fairly accurate statement....we are essentially role-playing as either players or coaches/GMs. Guerrero's resume is heavy into this genre (and certainly with games featuring a heavy online focus). In those respects, his expertise in those areas would seem to jive.

RPGs are heavy into strategic countermoves AND dice-rolls....two things which are fundamental aspects of having a quality football experience. I'm confident that Clint, if left to his own devices, can create the appropriate football backdrop and hopefully in a sim fashion...if Carlos can complement that backdrop with the strategic elements, this could wind-up being a fine move for gameplay.

The core of football (both on the field and on the virtual gridiron) is about tactics and strategies and having the appropriate pieces (players) to successfully execute them. Whether it is placing a pikeman against a mounted unit or a Cover 2 LB against a TE, it is all about moves and countermoves. Stick skills (even on competitive modes) is really secondary to the tactics.

I'm intrigued...there is potential here....
This is exactly where I see things going. The game needs a variety of people with different skills and visions to make a game work. RPG is all a sports game is about. Win/lose outcomes.

EA hopefully will get better at the transitional graphics so that a win or loss animation is more fluid; more visually believable for the audience.