View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 02:54 PM   #8
stevostl
Pro

stevostl's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Breaking Down the Early PES 2019 News

Quote:
I honestly think, because I don't really care much about the images and artwork, that PES2018 would be better than FIFA for playing a World Cup this summer as long as I can find a good patch or option file with all the latest uniforms and squads.
that sounds like a great idea.. I will look for a world cup patch

Quote:
Actually a second thing, just occurred to me... one of the things I love most about PES that you can't do in FIFA unless you edit some of the ini files is run too far. In FIFA I feel like I can turn on a dime with ANY player of ANY skill level. And one thing I love about sports games is when I have to be as careful with my controls as players do in real life. Even with Cristiano Ronaldo, if you're racing down the flank top speed, you do actually have to calculate space to stop and turn because your momentum CAN actually make you go too far or you DO manage to stop but you lose the ball because you overrun it. Along with that is not standing in the right place and kicking a ball with the side of your foot, passing too quickly and not getting enough force on the ball, deking too fast with a player with lesser skill and losing control of the ball... all those things are the kind of thing I love seeing in sports games. Same type of realistic physics you find in MVP 2005, NFL 2K5, NHL 2K8. PES is a rarity in modern sports games for its commitment to realistic physics. Although to be fair, in the essential things, FIFA is fine, it just lacks refinement in depicting realism and I get that it does that in order to be pleasing to a wider range of people's abilities. They want kids to play it as much as adults and that means you need to make it easier to pick up and play. And increasing the difficulty level i FIFA doesn't make the game more realistically challenging it just seems to crank everyone's intensity. Harder shouldn't mean "more aggressive" and "faster", it should mean more intelligent.
ha, you just said a lot of what I wanted to try to say ... everything you said is right on and why a lot of people like to play fifa (besides licenses) though as well because you can do that and control your player easier. this is the reason why it's easier to score goals and fifa is a goal scoring game when compared to pes. when I first moved to FIFA this year.. I was scoring goals like crazy when compared to PES I would have 0 - 0 or many 1 - 0 games against friends. I think the biggest reason for that has to do what you said.. how easy it is to shoot and finesse shot in fifa when compared to pes.. and also because the computer AI defenders in fifa are no good compared to PES which is very good as far as helping you..