Old 05-31-2018, 09:57 PM   #61
jfsolo
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Zan's Madden 19 Interview - w/ Sr. Producer Carlos Guerrero

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
I feel like a lot of hardcore franchise players are going to hold that against him throughout his entire tenure as Sr. Producer. Also the fact he is a MUT guy and a casual football fan, I feel like he won't be given a fair chance. Yet at the same time, when he says "it's never enough", I get it your not going to please everyone.

We all want different things in our wishlist posts, but I feel as if we are agreeing on a lot of things more so than in recent years. I just hope with the implementation of specialty positions, that in the future that more football related things gets added(5th Year Options, RFA/UFA, etc)
If he had answered the Franchise question with the same more diplomatic approach that he used when speaking about dealing with the wants of the competitive space-that gameplay would be balanced for all of the types of people that play the game- then people probably would be less upset. If you come off brusque to the segment of the player base that already feels like the proverbial red-headed step-child then look out. It's not going to matter because he's not going to personally going back and forth with the community so people's ire will turn to someone else.

My takeaway is that niche features wanted by the super hardcore are probably not going be implemented for any of the spaces. Something like Target Passing was always at best going to be used by an infinitesimal part of the community so it's not something that should have be added. Something like that isn't going to make it in under Carlos, IMO.

At the same time some of the hardcore Franchise wants aren't going to make it in either, even though these asks may be 100% authentic NFL football components. For example I don't think that something like OTAs will ever make it in, because while it's obviously a real aspect of the NFL, I don't think that it would ever finish in the top five of any Franchise wish list, not even here.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove