View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 12:57 PM   #1
rjsuperfly66
Pro

OVR: 9
The Story of Ted Cox: College Bball Coach

April 1st, 2017
USA Today

The news is official -- AP and USA Today All-American Ted Cox has been diagnosed with a career-ending knee injury. Cox led the University of Kansas to the Final Four before suffering the gruesome knee injury in the second half, a game the Jayhawks eventually ended up losing.

Cox was a Top 100 prospect who developed in Bill Self's system. He had a fantastic senior year, averaging 19.8 points and 6.8 assists, leading the Jayhawks to the #1 ranking in the country and the #1 overall seed in the NCAA Tournament. The charismatic Cox saw his NBA stock rise drastically, as many thought his skills and leadership ability were going to land him in the Top 5 of June's NBA draft.

Without being able to reach his full potential in the NBA, USA Today did reach out to the 22 year old Cox to find out what was next:

"I love basketball, it's been my life, and I'm heartbroken to not be able to continue my playing career. It's not just about the money -- It's about success, about being a role model, about proving that hard work pays off. While unfortunate to be unable to continue my playing career, I've decided to give back and try to give back as a D1 basketball coach."

USA Today has reached out to a few Division 1 coaches to comment. One told us: "Cox was very charismatic and a great leader on the court. He was a fearless competitor and I believe he would make a great head coach."

Another coach told us: "This job is very hard and requires countless hours to achieve success. It's one thing to be able to put the ball in the basket in the gym, but at his age, I'm not sure he has what it takes."

It's rumored that a few different schools have expressed interest in the All-American, and that he is expected to decide between offers at McNeese St., Mississippi Valley St., and Nebraska-Omaha.

The world will be sure to watch with interest into what decision Cox makes.
Advertisements - Register to remove