View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 01:04 PM   #2
rjsuperfly66
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: The Story of Ted Cox: College Bball Coach

April 15th, 2017
USA Today

McNeese St has just announced that former All-American Ted Cox has accepted the offer to become the new head coach of the McNeese St. basketball program. Cox was thought of to be a potential Top 5 pick in June's NBA draft, but saw his career come to an end after a horrific injury in the Final Four.

"I'm very excited to be a part of the McNeese St. family. I did have interest from multiple programs, but McNeese St seemed like a great fit to begin and develop my career," said Cox as his introductory press conference.

In a comment from AD Greg James, he told the media "We expect amazing things with Ted as the head of our basketball program. He had a fantastic playing career, and while he is disappointed that it was cut short, we will give him all of the resources he needs to be successful."

With the roster in turmoil after a disappointing 2017-2018 season, Cox will have some tough decisions to make.

"It was very important to me to always want to work hard to be the best, and it's important that any player of mine expresses the same values."