View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 12:07 AM   #109
4thQtrStre5S
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: More info on RPM, Zone AI, signature styles in Madden 19

I have no clue how soccer is played in real life. Seems thought, with AI programming, it would be similar to tethering players to other players within a zone radius, with additional tethering to the ball itself.

I think soccer would be relatively easier to program than american football. Which isn't saying much since I do not know the rules of soccer. Observing FifA and Madden, I can formulate a simpler path to connecting the programming dots, so to speak.

For one, contact is not as much of an issue in soccer; that eliminates a bunch of animations. Passing the ball in each game should be similar. Soccer players all seem to be skill player types, so programming seems like it would be closer to a copy & paste system. Madden has 5 skill positions, but 2 players, for example, a HB & FB have special logic from WRs, but could also become WRs.

Linemen are a major difference. These players have different logic rules and require closer contact, multiple contacts, spacial awareness, for example. There is also the "Mike" call, which does change logic on the fly.

Then there are zones which can be at least 10 different logic zones, of the top of my head. I don't see FifA having that many zone logic problems to solve. I could be wrong.

Anyway, I am rambling. I'll have to grab a soccer rule book now and see how dumb this post really looks to someone who knows soccer and programming.