View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 12:20 PM   #127
vannwolfhawk
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: More info on RPM, Zone AI, signature styles in Madden 19

I just thought of 1 more thing and this is crazy! 2K just went to a new system this year as far as player motion off the ball and player movement within the plays which was a huge upgrade and gamechanger for a multitude of reasons but specifically it eliminated off ball bumping and plays taking too long to develop. Due to that fact the czar had to redo all the plays (every play) from scratch in this last game. Which in turn meant OG had to re counter all those plays defensively and they had to code it defensively. So, this year as opposed to the last few years there are actually far less plays then what they had previously. So all the plays added and ways to defend it were all implemented in this last and 1 cycle. Let’s marinate on that for a second...

In all fairness I will point out last year people had a lot of issues with the dumb defensive rotations that would happen. So it wasn’t a smooth transition but because of that it made for a great 2k18. It progressed and was added too. If madden applied it it would probably be a 1 step back to move 2 steps forward. How would that sit with everyone I don’t know.