View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 04:38 PM   #125
DeuceDouglas
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: More Madden NFL 19 Details Coming Soon, Here's the Schedule

I think they're just taking a similar approach to what they did when they went to the Infinity Engine. Information was really scarce then and I remember that was when we were still getting Dev streams before E3/EAPlay but even then they were really careful with showing any gameplay and but then the day came and all the articles let the cat out of the bag before they showed the trailer.

I doubt they're forgoing the blog just to show it and I think it makes more sense to show it first and then talk about it after but that might just be me. I'm sure all we'll get is a sizzle trailer showing it in motion which the quick cuts and weird camera angles and that's simply never going to be enough to gauge it's impact. The one thing I hope they do is include GIFs/video in the blog comparing and showing the difference between this year and last year because that's where you can really show it off and let people get a good impression of how much has changed. It's also insane to go back to last year and realize that gameplay blogs weren't dropping until July 21st-July 28th last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove