View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 09:06 PM   #51
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden 19 Coming to PC?

It seems like obvious click bait to me. The comments on the youtube video read like hype - there is no reason to be that overly confident unless you're trying to generate hype, and don't actually care about being wrong.

I don't understand the psychology of why people do this but it seems like more than just trying to get clicks to me - I get that reputation and accountability are so low valued in today's online media and there's basically no repercussions for losing and abusing either one, but this sort of rumor mongering seems to give those that do it some sort of temporary high due to the attention it brings, even if it is pretty niche and isolated - the SGO tweet has 5 RTs and 11 likes, so it can't be for the volume. Maybe they're just rolling the dice in the unlikely event it is coming to PC, and will cash in on the lucky guess and frame it as insider knowledge, knowing that when it is wrong, people will forget and move on - they can always just apologize and blame a bad source.

For some reason, it reminds me of this kid I grew up with who would constantly lie about having early access to NBA games, and for some reason he'd also keep claiming there was secret glass shattering animations. Some people just love to their core, to believe and push rumors and myths. I feel like we all grew up with people like this.

Also the PC = modding equation isn't that simple. It is possible for PC games today to be locked down pretty heavily and I'd assume EA would be all over that.

Last edited by Nza; 06-08-2018 at 09:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove