View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 07:55 PM   #78
mattjames2010
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 Coming to PC with Origin Access Premier Subscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Not only that, but it's made huge progress since FIFA 17 (the series' first move to Frostbite). The collaboration between player modders of Battlefield and FIFA has really paid off over the past two years, and the culmination of that work was released this week for FIFA. I think to add the talent of Madden players with modding knowledge to the effort will only push the envelope of what's possible even further. If anything, Madden's return to PC isn't coming at day zero of the figuring out of how to mod Frostbite—the modding capability is reasonably mature at this stage.

At this point, within a few months of release, I'd expect we'll be able to:

-modify field art
-custom uniforms
-custom tattoos
-custom DB's (rosters/editing draft classes outside of the game)
These little things are better than nothing, but honestly, you're mostly talking about the least problematic things in Madden. Tattoos, field, uniforms are secondary to the things that actually need to be fixed.

I think when people think of modding, they think there will be animation/physic changes, probably due to how open something like Skyrim/Fallout is, but I don't think that will be possible with the Frostbite engine.

As I said, this is obviously better than nothing and EA should have provided PC support since 08, but I don't think the modding scene will explode until EA allows more mod support for the engine.