View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 10:45 PM   #45
OhMrHanky
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 Gameplay Blog

Yeah, the blog sounds fantastic, but as many have said, truly u have to wait to play it to ‘feel’ the changes. But, really, everything in this blog is on point. I was discussing wr vs SS in another thread recently, and Clint’s explanation of how scenarios will play out sounds exactly like what I want to see, anyways! Lol. So, good deal there. The one cut accel burst will be interesting to see as well. If done well, could look/work really well.

He’s touting the RPM pretty heavily. He’s touting the physics/momentum pretty heavily. Claiming that a 6’2 big RB will look/play different than a 5’7” scat back. Different animations for those guys and whatnot.

Sounds like more control on the catches or defense swats or hitsticks. All of that sounds great.

If they’ve implemented the rb movements well with the ‘holding RT’ vs ‘just the left stick,’ that can be a game changer to a degree just giving more options in the run game. I also like the drive the pile stuff and think they were smart to put on the right stick. I have often times been stuck in a pile in M18, and almost instinctively wanted to push up or up-right with the right stick to find the gap, so I think I’m going to like that mechanic.

So much good stuff in that blog, really. But, of course, it all comes down to ‘how it actually plays when it’s in my hands.’ Lol.

So, I’ll say I’m actually looking forward to 19 more than I was 18, actually, and hope the game feels as good as they say for the changes made. The little things like the QB adjustment/fidgets/etc sounds like a more immersive experience. The lack of rag-doll and more contextual awareness of players at all times sounds good.

And, u get to choose your celebration. This is an otherwise trivial addition, but I’m a fifa Guy, too. And, I always have a set bunch of celebrations I like to pull off depending on who scored the goal. Lol. So, I’m going to enjoy this. And, u get to do on sacks and a few d plays, too? That’s going above and beyond on that one. They could’ve easily just left it with TDs, but adding to D celebrations is a great extension of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove