View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 07:28 PM   #126
jfsolo
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
I wonder how changing schemes will be implemented. Can a coach just change the scheme at will? In reality, a coach got to their position likely because they were excellent at a particular scheme and changing, while doable, would likely set them back in the knowledge department.

I feel like there needs to be a cost to change schemes. Either it uses up a number of coach XP points which you can rationalize as time coach spent learni g a new scheme is time not able to improve in other areas.

Or it could be a trait that you have to earn. Once you achieve a certain level, you can change schemes but less skilled or experienced coaches are not yet able to pull it off.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Although I like your idea, I'm pretty sure that there isn't going to be any cost for changing schemes for the coach other than the OVR of some of your players temporarily going down and your scheme fit percentage going down as well. Your players won't get bonus XP to speed up their progression if they don't fit your scheme though, so there is that as well.

The article talks about changing your scheme and getting different players to build around a QB that unexpectedly fell to you in the draft, so it seems like they designed it to allow the User to change schemes at will with the only consequences being the ones list above.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.