View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 12:12 PM   #25
tommycoa
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 19 Gameplay Details - One Cut, Push the Pile, RPO, New Kickoff Rules & Mor

The kickoff thing has me worried. Wish they’d a left it alone this year, then catch up with real life effects this season and get it right. At least we can super sim kickoffs if it’s glitchy.

RPOs
The generic Spread playbook has a few plays that I would have swore were RPOs. I just do cpu vs cpu, and I haven’t dug into the Spread playbook, but i swear there’s a few of these in there. One of the plays has a play action, then the qb rolls and has a slot receiver on a bubble screen and a deep pass or the option to run. It’s a hell of a play.

That Spread playbook is really fun to watch. Especially if you set coaches scheme to West Coast or Zone Run. You get more of a Spread coast type offense, Pro Style out of the spread.

Spread book is really good to assign to teams if you sim 10-15 years in the future and use those generic players. West Coast generic is the best playbook in the game. It has just about every formation known to man. Pistol, shotgun, one back, i form, far/near. Also has tons of concepts that stretch beyond the West Coast philosophy.

Think of this playbook as the Greatest Hits Collection. It’s like the history of football. A ton of stuff from the Legend coaches from a few years back—they had a madden playbook, tom Landry, Martz, Lombardi, Flores, Gibbs—and this playbook has a lot of those plays and formations.

I assign West Coast playbook to the offenses that have the highest player ratings or better coaches. CPU strategy gets an upgrade with West coast playbook.
Advertisements - Register to remove