View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 12:38 PM   #36
ijumpedthegun
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: M19 CFM Interview w/Ben Heumiller (13min)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
He's also not the kind of guy who's gonna throw his teammates under the bus. He's the head of this team now, and you'll never get a negative word out about a guy except internally toward that individual. He's certainly not going to out the whole team.

One way to think of it is this; He just took over a team as the new lead designer. He was asked a question that basically amounted too, "Aren't you a much better designer everyone else that's been in your position is?" What's he supposed to say, "Yep!" That kind of arrogance in leadership is exactly why White and Haumiller have taken over CFM.

I don't know what EA's investment in franchise mode is going to be in the coming years, but I know what Ben Haumiller's investment is going to be. Any of you seen that Turning Point episode with Jimmy Garoppolo, and how he goes to each of his receivers and pretty much explains to them exactly how they're gonna get open on the final drive, then he hits the field and executes it exactly like that? That's Ben Haumiller as a designer. He sees the problems before they happen, has a plan in place to defeat those problems, and executes. In a more technical sense, he has a good grasp of scope and writes the best TFCs in the company.
That's fair. It was just a quote that struck me as jarring. Overall, I'm pumped about the shift in direction we're seeing from EA with regards to CFM.

Also, what does TFC stand for?