View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 01:24 PM   #45
adembroski
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: M19 CFM Interview w/Ben Heumiller (13min)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
The problem is that if it is too simple and unhelpful in year 1 than users may reject it and we never get to know how good it could have been.

Only affecting future XP is not nearly effective enough nor realistic. No immediate penalty for switching a scheme on a player? At least a 10% - 20% hit on awareness initially that can be gained back over the year.

Given that MUT already has built in performance boosts for multiple players that have the same qualities, you would think that they would just tie that concept right into Franchise mode. They have already done the hard work on that feature.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
How is it realistic that a player is somehow worse just because he's in a system that doesn't fit him? He's not worse, he just doesn't fit. What you're asking for is UNrealistic and redundant.

If I take over San Francisco and switch to a power run scheme, Jarrick McKinnon isn't gonna suddenly be a worse back... but he's going to perform worse because I'm running him on ISO all the time. That IS realistic. Having him suddenly forget how to juke is not. Dez Bryant isn't gonna forget how to run a dig if he signs with a team that doesn't run many digs, he's just not going to be used to his greatest potential if he isn't permitted to do what he does best.

What you're asking for is playbook knowledge, which I'd love to see but that would be its own feature independent of this one.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove