Old 06-11-2018, 04:10 PM   #136
CujoMatty
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 19 Coming to PC with Origin Access Premier Subscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
CFM is going to be a tough nut to crack for modders. I'm pretty sure it's possible and once it is cracked it'll be far more moddable than the old franchise mode was, but being that it exists almost entirely in data rather than SQL is going to make it difficult to manage because that data will repopulate on the fly. I wouldn't be surprised if modding online franchises end up being a non-starter while offline single player ends up being very moddable.

This is all a guess though. I see some issues, but I also know how ridiculously brilliant the old football-freaks modders were, so we'll see. IF we can mod it, we can basically rebuild franchise mode externally however we like, much how we did for Madden '05-'09 PC. In MaddenAmp we built a complete training camp system, rebalanced the draft, fixed draft logic, totally rebuilt progression, and even fixed the sim engine.

Again, this is back when everything was stored in SQL. The GameChanger DB might be tougher to crack. Specifically, identifying what given fields do.
The way Fifa has gone so far and what I would suspect will happen with madden is the majority of mods being superficial graphical improvements such as uniforms, shoes, logos, fields, real broadcast overlays as well as created menu art.

As far as the real meat and potato changes people want such as deeper roster editing. I expect some sort of cheat engine support for but probably limited to offline.

I haven’t messed around with the new Fifa editor yet but frosty is really limited to graphical mods and changing textures which substantially changes the game for the better but isn’t what I think a lot of people are hoping for. The massive game changing mods in Madden 08 and previous Maddens aren’t possible in regards to what we’ve seen in Fifa. The good news is that Madden on PC will add a whole other group of individuals interested In understanding the Frostbite engine and making tools to mod it.